FORUMS Learn what you don't know in the community form,
share what you know.

EVENT Developments Discussion #1

YATAY-min.png

Greetings, Quinfallers! Today, let's delve into the heart of our gaming experience—the Level and Grade System that defines the pinnacle of your journey in Quinfall.

Leveling up to 50 is a monumental achievement, where your character's basic skills reach their zenith, unlocking formidable abilities for epic battles. With each level gained, the hidden powers of your character intensify, elevating your overall prowess on the battlefield.

Yet, the journey doesn't conclude there! Enter the Grade System, a vital component that determines your access to potent gear and unique abilities. Progress through grade levels—50+ 25, 50+ 50, 50+ 75, and beyond—unlocking increasingly robust equipment and features. The apex awaits at 50+ 100, where the most formidable gear and abilities become yours to command.

Q&A - Level and Grade System

What are your thoughts on the Level and Grade System? What does the Grade system mean to you in terms of creating power effects in the game?

fremy

What exactly do our character's secret power boosts mean? Like dealing more damage in PVP to characters with a lower Grade Level? Or cutting some higher level monsters faster?

It seems thought-provoking how to balance this.

Diavoir

Too little information to discuss. Everything will depend on the speed of increasing levels, as well as the stability of the balance between classes. In particular, which class is pumped up faster and slower. I can also understand the ratings of the system after lvl 50. But the question is how to raise these points to lvl 50+? -Completing quests? pvp? activity? The natural fact is that it shouldn't be easy. After all, maximum pumping is the key to dominance. Anyone can upgrade, but only the most diligent can get everything.
After we play we can give a more accurate opinion

Anthrage

I agree with Diavoir in that we lack sufficient information to make specific and meaningful development-aiding comments, however in general, there are some basic elements that can be discussed.

First, is the naming convention or terminology. Level is straightforward, but Grade is less so. Grade is generally a term used to ascribe a quality to a material or item, not as a measure of progression for an individual - except of course in school. Somehow that doesn't quite elicit the appropriate feeling, in my opinion. I can think of a number of other terms which feel a bit better - Expertise, Mastery, Tier or Rank are some examples, the last one perhaps sounding best.

The next thing that comes to mind, without knowing anything about the system, is the benefits to Grade only manifesting at specific plateaus - 25, 50, 75 and 100. This may already be the case, but ideally you would want some kind of positive feedback or benefit for each additional Grade, to reward progression and manifest difference in the character through the entire process. Keeping the major changes for those plateaus, but granting at least some token difference the whole way through, as it is with levels.

The concept of rewarding continued progression with access to new and more powerful gear and abilities is a good one, but it has the inherent risk of creating a power disparity between players, especially those who have vastly different time commitment abilities. There is the danger, in a PvP environment, of it become impossible for players joining the game at a later date to compete with those who started on day 1. I believe there should be advantages to putting time into a game, but balancing this is very important, and having these details would be necessary to be able to evaluate the system properly.

More information is needed on what the system entails.

Vopsikf

In mmorpg games I give a lot of effort to the PVE part, especially professions. Before reading these ideas: please note that I don't have the proper knowledge of most of the mechanics that have already been built into the game.
About development of professions and creating weapons, armor.

----------------------------------------------

1. Unique Crafting Items and Alloys

Add the ability to craft items from different materials. As an example, a sword made of an alloy of gold and silver, it will have increased damage, but rapid wear, or a sword made of volcanic ash and iron will give arson on the target. Also the ability to modify weapons with different resources. A good example (NOT ADVERTISEMENT) can serve as a mod for minecraft "Tinker's Construct".
The advantages of this idea:
- Variety of gameplay. Given that the weapons are fixed number (10) - it can serve as a big boost to the imagination of players and add a huge variety of game styles.
- Development of professions. There will be a demand for professions and will give players the opportunity to effectively earn in-game currency making a huge contribution to the game.
- Economy Development. Not all players like to do professions, giving preference to farming mobs, which will give a boost in the purchase of materials, and ready-made weapon options for specialized tasks.
Problems with this idea:
- The strain on staff of all kinds. Given that not all tasks are completed, you need to form a team to work out the design, effects, mechanics of different combinations of materials, the emergence of bugs.
- Disbalance. Without prolonged testing with constant manual revisions, there will be combinations that will be head and shoulders above the rest.

2. Levels of blacksmithing, alchemy, smelting, etc. (not a bad addition for the first point)

For the processing of conditional copper you need the first level of profession, and for iron the 5th, etc.. This can be pulled off with many types of professions.
Advantages:
- Motivation to develop profession levels
- Value of craftsmen
- Filling the auction with goods of different quality.
Disadvantages:
-Adds a bit of routine to the game.

Overall conclusion:

This concept will enrich the game world, giving it depth and many opportunities for creativity. The introduction of unique crafted items and alloys will not only allow players to express their individuality through their weapons, but will also create an extra layer of strategy in battles and adventures.

The benefits of this idea are significant. The variety of gameplay will inspire players to experiment and be creative, which in turn will lead to a variety of play styles. It also encourages the development of professions, making them more attractive and meaningful to the gaming community. The development of the economy through the demand for materials and finished items will emphasize the importance of each game element.

Contrary to potential problems such as staff workload and possible imbalance, these challenges are only temporary obstacles to creating a unique gaming experience. Subsequent debugging and adjustments will avoid serious problems and ensure stable and engaging player interaction in this new and exciting world.

Overall, this idea will not only bring new aspects of diversity and creativity to the game, but will also create a favorable environment for social and economic interaction, making the game world even more attractive and exciting for all participants.

I probably deviated from the main topic of discussion because I don't have any information about mechanics that already exist. It's hard enough to discuss something about which almost nothing is known. Hopefully my idea will make the slightest contribution and add to the discussion.

Last edited:

Diavoir

Also, some players often play solo. There should be enough content for normal solo leveling. These players will miss out on a lot of opportunities, but they should also be comfortable, not everyone likes sociality.

ayamatta

Will these hidden powers change with the profession or professions chosen as the character levels? IE: Armour would know the weak spots of the armor to aim for. Or Architect knowing the best place to hit to bring down a wall.
I agree with the others that for us to be more helpful we need a bit more information.

Title: Enhancing Gear Progression and Skill Upgrade Systems in "The Quinfall"

Introduction:

The objective of this proposal is to refine and enhance the gear progression, enhancement system, and skill upgrade mechanics in [MMORPG Name]. The proposed systems are designed to offer a rewarding and engaging experience for players, promoting both individual and guild-based gameplay.

1. Gear Leveling System: Inspired by Archeage's Hiram Gear

-> Progression Tiers:
Our system will adopt a tiered progression model similar to Archeage's Hiram Gear. Gear will evolve through multiple levels: Basic, Green, Blue, Orange, Purple, Mythic, and Eternal.
-> Visual and Functional Enhancements: As gear progresses through these tiers, not only will its appearance become more impressive, but its stats and abilities will also improve, providing tangible benefits to gameplay.

2. Grade Level Enhancement: Adapted from Throne and Liberty

-> Material-Based Upgrades:
Players will collect specific materials to upgrade the grade level of their items. This system is inspired by Throne and Liberty's upgrade mechanics.
-> RNG Element and Boost Potential: Upgrading from one rank to another involves a random chance (RNG) element, where successful upgrades can occasionally grant additional boosts or benefits. Importantly, there will be no failure or downgrade risk in this system.

3. Skill Enhancement System: A Hybrid Approach

->Influenced by Lineage 2:
The enhancement of active and passive skills will be influenced by systems seen in Lineage 2.
->Safe Progression: Similar to the gear upgrade system, skill enhancements will have no failure or downgrade risk, but will include an RNG element for progression and potential boosts.
4. Material Acquisition: Solo, Group, and Guild Gameplay

-> Versatile Play Options:
Materials necessary for gear and skill enhancements will be obtainable through various gameplay formats, including solo, group, and guild play.
-> Guild Gameplay Incentives: Participating in guild activities like raids, elite mob hunts, and guild quests will yield materials more abundantly, emphasizing the importance and benefits of guild involvement.
5. Accessibility for All Player Types:

-> Inclusive Design:
The system will feature accessible slots and methods for all types of players to enjoy and engage in the process of farming materials for gear and skill enhancement.
Conclusion:
The proposed systems are designed to create a balanced, engaging, and rewarding experience for players of "The Quinfall". By incorporating elements from successful and promising gamer friendly features from the mentioned MMORPGs and adapting them to our unique environment, we aim to foster a vibrant community where every player, whether solo or guild-affiliated, finds fulfillment and excitement in the journey of gear and skill progression.

Diamond

Hello, a suggestion, how about levels only start to matter once you reach enaugh gear/equipment and the ways to achieve experience points dramatically increase by amount you get at this point. So let's say you need to reach example total gear score to take out these type of AI and once you do it also gives you a enormous difference in exp from lower gear required areas. And this locks out the lower geared from being able to instantly go to these areas and example be boosted cause level difference to AI vs player be too high for those unless one had gear from progressing game to kill said AI.

This system also does not give enough exp to go seek out lower end zones as a more geared player, and gives soft cap needed to be reached to be able to damage AI in terms of Equipment.

And levels will gradually follow you in terms of experience gained but require you to do more things, like this equipment and level needed and and this guides you to places or zones as you progress, developer can customize the speed this occurs of said growth on both equipment and experience in which time needed between each checkpoint on the journey.

Potentially one can customize this system to give low experience points per AI killed or quest done and instead do varied content where it's not the same and spam keyboard to progress, people enjoy where things is not always same but spice things up a bit.

Defend a camp from an attack is an enjoyable experience if especially one can also do it with others, potentially a random group or friends or AI if no player found

Will there be a story and this hold your hand through out the progression maybe And or require you to have personal skippable cutscenes and requirements like dungeons eventually required or defend this camp from an attack and join a group of players potentially

Does cutscenes be skippable but able to be viewable from menu for those who wish to watch when they not in group content.

Players will and do wish to focus their own gameplay above others if system does allow this so with or without caution is suggested depending how this is desired to be made, as you can end up with players causing disruptive actions between one another if system allows. If pvp is allowed early on or not or have a level/gear requirement.

Levels can be a matter of where you can go or not, or it could be a multitude of things from soft cap 3 level difference or hard cap to 6 level difference.

To a world where it guides you to where you seek out and wishes to do content with others to increase both levels and gear.

Can you choose to level up with a friend or party is often something potentially desirable.

Once you reach a point of levels or gear gained how will fishing be involved, will it be a zone or place where pvp can happen or will it be a small zone of safety.

It can be a challenge to encourage or discourage pvp if open world, many can or will say their thoughts on it however it's a discussion on its own and no simple ways to make every player happy. If player A is max level and can seek out player B which started game 2 minutes ago and cause them harm then player B is very likely going to be discouraged to play, however at a certain accrued gear or level is sought and pvp is an element one can and need to be wary of it can give incentive to get level/gear if one is met with pvp where there was a difference.

A game can be a vast space but have only wars and not wars and no entertaining variations of content and slowly grow empty of any life or players. Or it can be a lively place where one seeks to reach levels and gear and example fishing spots to enjoy content far and wide.

Xelvar

The system is intended for the end game, so that the character can still experience a certain amount of development here.
Basically, this is a great thing, but for the 24/7 players it should be quite difficult to acquire this, but for the casual player this would mean rarely or not at all to get this equipment or skills in a timely manner. This will cause resentment these days.
Personally, I think the idea is very good, you just have to make sure that it can't be obtained via automatisms (bot).

best regards

chevzor

It will look like a race between clans/groups.
Solo players will need to hide as far as possible, which will significantly worsen the experience if all the main content is focused on a group of people.
There is not enough information yet, if you recorded at least a short video about what you are writing it would be better to understand.

In general, I would remove the maximum level system, that is, in general, so that the level is infinite, and the higher the character level, the more experience you will need for the next level. Let's ask a question. the player has leveled up to level 50, I understand from the description that level 50 is the maximum? What should he do next? In a week or two, groups of players will already be at the maximum level, what will be the next content? Will it be interesting to stay in the game?
You can add a level rating table, which will greatly increase the interest in the game, where players can compete for the same character. but it will be very difficult and not fast. This system will create a so-called buffer zone for you, where you can work on the update.

Everything you've described in the text with access to powerful equipment and unique abilities seems interesting at first glance, but it needs to be tested at least, because I'm sure it will lead to imbalance. Record at least a separate video on this topic, tell us and show us how it will look like, and then we will be able to give substantial feedback.

NoEscape

Very interesting topic. as other users have said, we lack the basic information to discuss high level content. My opinion, based on my clan's experience with the game, is that most of the problems are related to game balance. I'm talking about completing levels with different classes and in different time conditions.
Usually my fellow tribesmen spent about 4-5 hours a day. That's not all, some play for about 12 hours. and the problem here is not diligence. Based on this, I can say that it would be great to somehow make it possible to catch up with those who are ahead.
Another problem I talked about was the development of different classes. It's no secret that DD classes will progress better than a cleric or tank, which should be played in a group to progress better. So it will be interesting to create content that helps some classes catch up with others.
P.s. I know you can change classes at any time in the game, but I know a lot of players who only focus on their role and don't level up other weapons just because of the curve of the progression system.

FireHawK

Hi, my opinion about leveling and the grade system:
We don't have enough information about the game in general and in fact it is impossible to give an objective opinion and feedback, because it depends on a lot of factors, such as:
1. How exactly this system will be implemented.
It is important how diverse and interesting the activity loop is. How grindy it is, you want that leveling in game was natural - like when you finish MSQ you reach max lvl, no grind, no endless AI spot farming for 1% of EXP, leveling should be an interesting journey, an Introduction to the game, the world, and the basic mechanics

2. How much it will affect the character's strength:
in a game with a non-target combat system, you don`t want to have stat based power! You'd rather see power that based on your own personal skill, where your knowledge of a mechanic, high APM, strong macro and micro plays are crucial

3. how much effort and resources will need to be spent from min to max, how casual or challenging it is:
its important to me, that systems like this were less grind more challenge, and don`t forget that this is an MMO!!! So the social part of the game must be strongly tied in all parts of the game mechanics.

4. Will this system create a gap between players who play 2 hours a day and those who play 24\7:
Gaps in power, like 50lvl 50grade can`t deal with 50lvl 100grade! Simply because of stat diff!
Gaps in accessibility to the content, as a player you want to enter any content easily - like press one button and you in arena or battleground or dungeon!
no link gear, no DPS meter,
Sure there should be recommended lvl for endgame activity's

5. If leveling and the grade system is content that is simply created to artificially lengthen and stretch the game - that's bad:
Because it turns out to be a black hole for resources, gold, etc. It's not bad to have something like this in the game, but it should be very meaningful.
Because most of players don`t like "time gates" and "bottle necks"

6. This should be a challenging achievement!
Not lvling but grading to max! When you reach it you get a strong satisfaction feeling, so the rewards for it should be very nice not only boring + stats

ReynC

in any case, we all agree on one thing, and that's that we don't have any more information on the subject and giving a subjective opinion only gives us suppositions which may not reflect the game. they need to develop their subject in a clearer way with an overview so that we can give our opinion on it, otherwise it's all talk for nothing.

Pedro

Assuming that the + Grade system is what has been seen lately from Eastern MMO's (Black Desert Online, Lost Ark, etc) that after max, we still have to "level up" our gear, then I would point out:
- Gear destruction on upgrade failure is a big turn off.
- Material loss on failure should be a % chance and not a 100% guarantee. Nothing is more frustrating than spending hours, days farming enough materials to upgrade gear to have it lost on a failure.

If the Grade levels are simply a secondary specialization leveling tree, then it would be beneficial to have that Grade Level very granular and massive (thinking Path of Exile skill tree) to allow freedom and a wide variety of specialization, and hopefully not reach the "cookie cutter" phase of the game that everyone specializes the same way.

Also have to think about the different player bases. If this Grade System is behind such a difficult system to attain (looking at you MMO's that force 2h+ raids to advance) it will make it harder for the casual and semi casual players to reach equal playing field. This is the hard part on developers to keep the PvP and PvE crowds balanced, because it will affect PvP strongly for a 50 or 50+15 to defend against 50+100 players. In PvE it may cause a segregation as some players will use it as a measure to allow other players into their raids/groups/guilds.

The purpose of this thread is to collect information about what our players want to see in the game and how they want to see it, to create a data network that you will enjoy. For this reason, I would like to state that we are following all your requests and suggestions with interest and forwarding them to the relevant units. Developments about Quinfall will continue to come in the coming days. Do not forget to follow us. Thank you very much.

Glimz

Too little information to discuss. Everything will depend on the speed of increasing levels, as well as the stability of the balance between classes. In particular, which class is pumped up faster and slower. I can also understand the ratings of the system after lvl 50. But the question is how to raise these points to lvl 50+? -Completing quests? pvp? activity? The natural fact is that it shouldn't be easy. After all, maximum pumping is the key to dominance. Anyone can upgrade, but only the most diligent can get everything.
After we play we can give a more accurate opinion
@Diavoir You are correct, the lack of information is hard to discuss this topic in greater detail and substance. As for Leveling.. I have to agree with you that it should not be easy. this is a balance for every game company that is needed but most overlook the community aspect.

1.) Very easy max level way: When people are handed everything in a short period of time, this causes people to complain about lack of content. This is because at the top top there is only a few things that can be done over and over. However society currently is being transformed to receive instant gratification. So how can this be made to work?
A.) Ever changing dungeons: bosses with 10 to 15 tactics that can be random creating harder challenges with all of them having different loot tables
B.) Open world content: Have places in the open world that will rally communities to achieve some challenges, have rare drops and certain camps that further community creating activities
C.) Meaningful PVP: have forts or areas that can be taken over, have them provide buffs or access to hard to get resource that would benefit the controlling guild, faction, or community.

2.) Steady but challenging leveling: This in my opinion shapes a good feeling of achievement for people in the end, that provides bragging rights. however just like the easy way it takes balance and structure to bring a enjoyable gaming experience to the user. here are a few ideas
A.) Levels it self: You can have it take a long time and high amount of xp to gain a level. BUT.... this is slippery slope for some companies. they go to the extreme and make u quest to death or grind out shit mobs for shit loot. this is what people hate. You have to create good camps that have unique items that take groups to farm, this builds your community base while people are having fun together. People quit when they do not have fun or consider the task a JOB. When you play a MMO you are not there to solo play till max level then join the rest of the people doing meaningless shit.
B.) Ways of leveling: This can be done in, questing, pvp and grinding. however you need to apply it with different methods that make it fun and interesting.

3.) Grades of items: Having different grades is a good idea if implemented correctly. you can have people obtaining the same item but at different grades. this could trigger positive things on how to obtain them.

durty

Is anyone else seeing the same footage I am? Blank empty open worlds. No Team Gameplay. No mobs roaming around such as animals? Extremely static raid where it looks like City of Heroes and everyone shooting fireballs at a boss..
Is there no Dev response to the many many YOUTUBE videos all claiming this game is a scam, all the footage showing VERY concerning aspects of gameplay. Or the fact that development of this MMORPG is shorter then any other MMORPG.
Like we haven't seen one group play video, We've seen nothing about levels, stats, mechanics?
Lets take a look at Ashes of Creation, even with their development timeframe, they've only really completed ONE continent, even then its their main focus of development and has been worked on for ~2 years.

I can't be the only one that sees all these red flags popping up.

Diavoir

Is anyone else seeing the same footage I am? Blank empty open worlds. No Team Gameplay. No mobs roaming around such as animals? Extremely static raid where it looks like City of Heroes and everyone shooting fireballs at a boss..
Is there no Dev response to the many many YOUTUBE videos all claiming this game is a scam, all the footage showing VERY concerning aspects of gameplay. Or the fact that development of this MMORPG is shorter then any other MMORPG.
Like we haven't seen one group play video, We've seen nothing about levels, stats, mechanics?
Lets take a look at Ashes of Creation, even with their development timeframe, they've only really completed ONE continent, even then its their main focus of development and has been worked on for ~2 years.

I'm wondering, do you think a company that is almost unknown, which chose such a difficult way to enter the market, will declare at every step that the game released will be of incredible quality? Will it go out into the media with empty headlines, like global companies with multi-billion dollar budgets?
At the moment the game is in early beta. Testing will take place at the end of the month, and an open beta test will be released even later. The game will not come out completely ready and will be further developed for a long time, because players will definitely find various loopholes. The same genshin was developed in 2 years, but updates continue to be released regularly. I think the company will launch a global advertising campaign only when it is level on the market. The stated mechanics are more than real if you work and not do bullshit like Ubisoft Blizzard and others.
There are no pre-orders or outside financing. We can only wait, the developers provide information based on its importance, and they also respond well to the questions and wishes of the community

Diavoir

Also, I don't know where you saw any videos where you saw the world of the game, where you watched the battles of the players, except for the video trailer. And to perceive a trailer from a year ago as something supernatural, well, excuse me, this is nonsense. The community has very little information about the game.
An open beta test of the game will be released soon, and it will be possible to talk about a lot about the gameplay, mechanics, world, NPCs, mobs. But it will still be the baht version

Last edited: