FORUMS Learn what you don't know in the community form,
share what you know.

World (Server Wide) Achievement & Titles System

CoffeeLordCasper

TLDR Version I posted on Discord:
Literally an off the cuff version that is very basic to what I have in mind and can be made much deeper with more knowledge of the game itself.
I would like to see an achievement/title system that is global per server. I'm talking achievements from Common (Farmer - you chose husbandry)
to Legendary or Unique (World First - World Boss Slayer; you were part of the first team to kill a world boss; grants +1% damage to all world bosses) which is only granted to those who achieved the world first, ..small boons given to those who truly want to play and explore.
I want them all hidden, so that only when people discover them will they add to a wiki. Have world firsts granted to solo / party / raid, like first person to PVP 50 people without dying grants +1% damage against players permanently. Cool things that can make a character unique. or even First Party Caravan; the first group of 3-5 people to run a long distance caravan / +5% movement speed while mounted for caravans. And to combat over-buffing, only allow 3 major and 3 minor bonus' from titles at any given time. Fun things, while some are simple and just have cool names, others grant bonuses, and super rare ones that when found alert the entire server of it.

Long Version:
Achievements can/may grant Titles(like in lost ark or other MMORPGS, have a prefix and suffix), such as farmer, traveller, adventurer, murderhobo, not all of them will grant stats, this will be up to those deciding and working on this system along side myself/devs and the players and what they think. I want to see people trying to get rare titles that are server firsts and only granted once, thrice, 10times etc, depending on what it is, like the first person to hit max level receives a special achievement and title that grants them a minor boon permanently like +1% gold looted from mobs etc. More depth below.

Achievements; Common;
All players have access to these, they grant no boons but are visible on your achievements page.
for example, you hit level 10, most people should get this, or levels in profession 1st,10th,20th etc.
These can have as many variants(level, class, profession, location, etc.) as possible and are fun for completionists.
Some may have titles - and firsts will be limited to the first 3000 people, .03% boons

Achievements; Uncommon;
All players can get these but take a little more effort or luck, such as level 40, 50, you have to work for it.
Some more of these achievements will have titles, especially for those who receive a first, firsts limited to 1000 and grant a .05% boon

Achievements; Rare;
Most players can get these but getting the firsts are harder and limited to the first 100 to achieve and grant a boon of .07-1.0%
I want to see things here like First person to climb the tallest mountain in the game, or first person to make 100k in game currency, or first person to hit 10 pvp kills without dying
not impossible but harder to get, you will see people be careful or do things differently to hunt for these.

Achievements; Legendary; -
Maybe 5-10% of players will achieve these, it really depends on what they are, but im expecting ones like beat a world boss with a certain party/raid size, or clearing hidden quests, maybe 1mil in game currency. you want these to be rare, and you want them all to grant a boon, with a buff on those who do it first. limiting it to the first 10 people. maybe beating 50 people without dying in pvp, you want people who work hard to be rewarded.

Achievements; Unique;
This is limited to firsts, and granted to 1 person only.
Ideas like, the first person to last hit the first world boss, the first to hit max level in each craft, or character level. first to craft a legendary weapon. each grants a boon of 1%-5% depending on what the boon is.

Titles Next;
Active Up to Two Visible Titles Shown (1 of each, or just one)x Prefix / Suffix
Up to 3 boons active at any given time, rotatable on an hour cool down before re-choosing
This way people wont be able to have every boon active at once, but also they can flex their titles and have to think what boons they want active for their play, maybe today is a crafting or caravanning day for them instead of combat etc.

Titles Next 2;
All achievements except common are hidden, only once someone achieves them and share that info will others know how to get them. Firsts will always be shouted on a splash screen or popup as they happen or at least highlighted in chat. the names of achievements can be there to show how many achievements there are currently, and the names may help people work out what they are etc. But it means that these things wont automatically be added to a WIKI, which means even new people to the game may have hope of achieving a first without being there at launch, and having things like this adds mystery and will have people wanting more.

I would like to work with maybe 5 other people to fill this out further, go more in detail and have a chat going on boons, names, prefixes suffixes etc. maybe a hivemind type thing. feed back is wanted, please comment and let me know your thoughts.

I keep seeing things like this in LitRPG novels and I wish they existed, it would keep me interested in a game. Especially if i'm late to the game, I also HATE having everything in a wiki making it so everyone can Min/Max or rush to end game or know "what's best", the moment everyone knows everything a game sort of ends in a way, because nothing is new.
The other reason we want world first to be shown in a splash or in chat is because it hypes people up, and then people can ask them how they got it so they can maybe achieve a spot in the top 10 of it too. which means that player could auction the info etc or something. Just things to make the game in the game fun.

CoffeeLordCasper

Edit*
Boons granted by firsts are increased by .1% more than boons granted to all
to make it somewhat fair and an even playing field.

Boons can not stack, so if you have damage, crit chance, hp etc, you cant have 3 of the same type, they have to be different otherwise people who stack firsts may throw off the balance.

If a player stops playing for 6 months, their firsts are lost and either granted to the next person who achieved it back when(as counted within the first 10) or to the next person to achieve it.

-Fin has given ideas and help and is appreciated for feedback with this system.

CoffeeLordCasper

My next reply to Fin and also another way of doing things -

1. How about everyone can get them, but the people who get firsts have a * next to their title (to show they were a first) or some other symbol like a number within a star depicting what number they were to get it(the firsts) and instead of an extra benefit for getting first, they get their name written on the website forever under a "firsts" list and in game they get a chest which generates loot up to a certain value. for example, the first gets a chest up to 10k but every other gets a chest up to 5k obviously value will go up with rarity of title but all loot will be from a loot drop table (similar to monsters) and will always be loot that is obtainable from playing.

that gives them a bonus but not a major one, a depiction in game that they were the one to achieve something and a depiction outside of game visible to all that they can also share on socials etc.

Hello. I have forwarded your suggestions and recommendations to the necessary department. Thank you for your interest. Stay tuned!