FORUMS Learn what you don't know in the community form,
share what you know.

Weapon & skills

FireHawK

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion, and it is based solely on my own experience and desires and it's okay if it doesn't match yours, so please be polite!

Hello! In this thread, I want to talk about weapons and skills in Quinfall, at least about what is currently available on the wiki.

1. SnS - first 2 skills are basically the same and it already looks boring + tooltip for the second one is wrong.
1701437191503.png
For me personally, i like the fact that there a presence of some sort of combo "if used after other skill gain an additional effect", and i want to see this system in all skills, unfortunately its not!
The other thing i like that there an option to diversify your build with passive skills which i divided on 2 groups - damage (instant DMG & condition DMG) - utility ( CC, Buff\Debuff, CDR).
BUT here starts things i don't like - conceptually, the sword and shield looks very strange, as for me there are very few defensive skills and the vast majority are attacking skills.
I personally do not feel the depth of the build because of 1 more thing, if you look closely, almost all skills get only additional damage when you increase the level of the skill, it's very boring,
1701440072604.png
As you may know you can only lvlup your skills to lvl 10 and honestly i don`t feel i want to do that cause its only a DMG increase.
Don`t you think that some kind of milestones will be much better - for example: lvl 2 skill gets +10%DMG, lvl 4 skill gets +10% armor penetration, lvl 6 skill gets +10% speed, lvl 8 skill gets +10%CDR, lvl 10 skill gets all previous bonuses double + your character get immune to CC for 3sec.

This concept brings depth and uniqueness to each skill to all weapons and it will be a kind of a trade off - if you want that perk you must lvl up this skill and skip other.

2. Two handed sword - as for SnS i dont feel each skill unique, and looking carefully at all passives, gives the impression that a two-handed sword has three times more СС than a SnS which I find very strange 5 skills with Knock down & stuns looks like OP chain CC.
I don't see a variety of playstyle in all skills and this applies to almost all weapons

1701442560135.png
+ tooltips not clear enough, in skill 11 no info how many strikes in this skill, while in skill 12 you can clearly see that there 3 strikes
3. Same to Spear and Dual axe - I don't see a variety of playstyle, depth and uniqueness to each skill is missing!
4. Dual daggers - to much CC IMO!! 8 out of 12 skills have strong CC stun\silence
5. War Hummer - lol zero CC
6. Bow looks better but still not enough!
7. Crossbow - same as bow, but i found 1 interesting thing
1701443716196.png
Crossbow is the only weapon which have PvE bonus on skill, and i think its unfair and pointless.
or remove it or add special conditions for all weapons and skills
8. Now the most OP thing the Staff - in general the feedback is the same like for other weapons
BUT i found a few insane OP things skill 4 - 80% phys DMG reduction for 6 sec
1701444194358.png
skill 9 - 9sec all DMG immune for your self
1701444382591.png
skill 11 - 9 sec all DMG immune for you and all who stands in the zone
1701444536147.png
IMO there should not be so long immune for self and in AOE - it's just incredibly overpowering + this is a DMG oriented weapon.
9. Life staff this might sound ridiculous but it looks generally great.

To sum up, I will say that all weapons, except the staff of life, lack uniqueness and depth, lack their own things that would define the weapon and make it recognizable.
Best regards!

Vision

Thanks for sparking this discussion on Quinfall's weapons and skills.

I agree that some weapons lack uniqueness and depth, especially the Sword and Shield. The idea of introducing milestones for skill upgrades could add strategy to the game.

Concerns about the Two-Handed Sword, Spear, and Dual Axe not offering enough variety in playstyle are valid. Balance is crucial for an engaging experience.

The Dual Daggers' excessive crowd control skills and the War Hammer's lack of crowd control need attention for a more balanced gameplay.

Insights on the Bow and Crossbow are noted; standardizing or removing PvE bonuses for fairness is a valid point.

The Staff's skills, particularly long-lasting immunities, may need balancing to prevent overpowering. The Life Staff, on the other hand, seems generally well-received.

In summary, weapons could benefit from more distinctiveness, and balancing certain skills is crucial for an enjoyable gaming experience.

FireHawK

Here come a trade off thig- you cant max everything cause of there only 50 points
1701450143882.png
but the question is still the same why one skill more important than another if almost all of them are DMG oriented?

Hello, first of all, thank you for sharing your opinions. Users providing such insightful comments greatly contribute to the development of Quinfall. We enjoy discussing with you as it allows us to gain different perspectives.
Initially, the mechanical systems within Quinfall are designed with a slightly different structure compared to other games, and numerical ratios are written with a different software technique for various reasons. We continuously try to adapt innovative systems into the game to provide a unique perspective, with the help of over 200 testers. Feedback from the testing team comes from players and professional firms worldwide.
It's a fact that different users may have different preferences regarding various points of the skill structure. However, alongside skills, natural events, character items, and runes are planned meticulously to directly impact your character and skills. In addition to using a different structure for MMORPGs, we brought different perspectives to some weapons. Skill effects, animations, and other combat mechanics may be misunderstood when not observed, contributing to potential misconceptions.
Instead of adhering to classic MMORPG norms, we aimed to bring more uniqueness to some weapons. Although some numerical values within skills may appear larger, balancing systems are continually in progress. We are aware of how crucial character balancing is for an MMORPG.
Thank you in advance for your feedback and any form of criticism. ☺️

FireHawK

Hello, first of all, thank you for sharing your opinions. Users providing such insightful comments greatly contribute to the development of Quinfall. We enjoy discussing with you as it allows us to gain different perspectives.
Initially, the mechanical systems within Quinfall are designed with a slightly different structure compared to other games, and numerical ratios are written with a different software technique for various reasons. We continuously try to adapt innovative systems into the game to provide a unique perspective, with the help of over 200 testers. Feedback from the testing team comes from players and professional firms worldwide.
It's a fact that different users may have different preferences regarding various points of the skill structure. However, alongside skills, natural events, character items, and runes are planned meticulously to directly impact your character and skills. In addition to using a different structure for MMORPGs, we brought different perspectives to some weapons. Skill effects, animations, and other combat mechanics may be misunderstood when not observed, contributing to potential misconceptions.
Instead of adhering to classic MMORPG norms, we aimed to bring more uniqueness to some weapons. Although some numerical values within skills may appear larger, balancing systems are continually in progress. We are aware of how crucial character balancing is for an MMORPG.
Thank you in advance for your feedback and any form of criticism. ☺️
Sure, i know that this is a subject to change, and its still in development and rework, but as i told before i see no uniqueness and depth, & skill lvl up only for DMG amplifier just boring

Hello again, yes, there is no such structure in the point system, but we have designed a system that adapts the mentioned features to skill stones. The positive aspect of this based on points is that you can specify the details you want to add to the skill within certain frameworks. Thank you for your interest. We hope to keep you more informed with developments and updates. ☺️

DeepCrystal

I have to agree with FireHawK. Reading the skills of the weapons felt like reading the same two weapons over and over again. Same goes for the general description of them. I dont know how often I read "sharply" but it was in like every 2nd description. There isnt enough uniqueness to the skills of the weapons, Im pretty sure that you (Devs) can do a lot better here.

GameBross

Hello!
I would like to propose the addition of a banner, namely to wear banners on the back or hold in the hands and several kinds of six or more, differing figures in order to be able to see your squad during a ZvZ battle. An example is in the attached picture:

Attachments

• 1488294610bcs-1454-2.jpg
    1488294610bcs-1454-2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2247359221_e3dddf05d0_b.jpg
    2247359221_e3dddf05d0_b.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 9
Hello!
I would like to propose the addition of a banner, namely to wear banners on the back or hold in the hands and several kinds of six or more, differing figures in order to be able to see your squad during a ZvZ battle. An example is in the attached picture:
Hello! As the Quinfall team, we highly value the suggestions and feedback from our players. We appreciate you reaching out to us. Your suggestion has been forwarded to the relevant departments, and necessary actions have been taken. For any future suggestions or requests, it would be beneficial to have them stated under a separate topic within the forum for smoother processing. Thank you!

I agreed with FireHawK. Devs should work on the combat, animations, sound effects and the way of applying more unique gameplay to create impactful, fun, and enjoyable gaming combat experience for us to play for hours everyday to farm monsters. If combat is good then the game - mmorpg has potential to become better. I wish that devs should give me 1st closed beta key too, so I can express to give a better feedback after playing myself.

According to the x4 short video showcase, I feel like there is something missing in combat but I really don't know how to describe it. In Tera Online, Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online, Aion, Lineage 2 etc games you can feel that combat is nice and enjoyable as tab target or action combat. I only hope that 1st and 2nd closed beta tests will impress everyone's expectation to make Quinfall a nice successful game to play long term.

I trust Quinfall developers and I will be always positive in this development process of the Quinfall, majority of community has high expectations from Quinfall Team^^.

Gratidia

I agreed with FireHawK. Devs should work on the combat, animations, sound effects and the way of applying more unique gameplay to create impactful, fun, and enjoyable gaming combat experience for us to play for hours everyday to farm monsters. If combat is good then the game - mmorpg has potential to become better. I wish that devs should give me 1st closed beta key too, so I can express to give a better feedback after playing myself.

According to the x4 short video showcase, I feel like there is something missing in combat but I really don't know how to describe it. In Tera Online, Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online, Aion, Lineage 2 etc games you can feel that combat is nice and enjoyable as tab target or action combat. I only hope that 1st and 2nd closed beta tests will impress everyone's expectation to make Quinfall a nice successful game to play long term.

I trust Quinfall developers and I will be always positive in this development process of the Quinfall, majority of community has high expectations from Quinfall Team^^.

the combat seems a bit static, can something be improved? the combat in New world is pleasant, could something similar be done?

the combat seems a bit static, can something be improved? the combat in New world is pleasant, could something similar be done?
I think that thy improve it and I believe that we will see the tuned improved version in today's new video too on 30th of January. Around 9pm Turkish time, we Turkish players expect to see the new video.