FORUMS Learn what you don't know in the community form,
share what you know.

The scabbard. The appearance of the weapon.

MackaBOPOHA

Hello. I am writing through a translator. I'm sorry if some of the phrases look strange.

What catches my eye is that in your game, as in many games of this genre, there is not a single detail that is insignificant for the game mechanics, but very important for the atmosphere and realism. I'm talking about a scabbard for weapons. No weapon is worn like a naked, sharpened piece of iron on the back or glued to the belt.
It would seem easy to add animation when the sword is sheathed. It's even beautiful. The scabbard is a very important decorative element, which the player will observe most of the game time. You can even create various designs, some of which will be available after passing the tests (you walk around the city with a scabbard made from the skin of a rare dragon, and everyone who knows understands that you have passed a very difficult quest). Well, of course, some options can be sold to players for currency. And they will be bought if they are executed properly.
I also note that any weapon has the possibility of camping equipment. For example, outside of combat, no one carries bows with a stretched string. It spoils them. As an option: 3 types of weapon appearance.
1) Hiking. Sealed. For peaceful locations that do not involve mandatory battles. (In case of a duel, animate the unpacking/preparation for battle. Duels don't start right away anyway)
2) The option before the fight. The bowstring is pulled over the bow, the protective winding is removed from the spear. The sword moves from the back to the belt (do not put it behind your back while waiting for a fight. The sword cannot be removed from the back, a wave of the hand is not enough.)
3) Combat option. When applied.

It seems like it's a small thing. But this is an important detail.
Thank you for your attention.