FORUMS Learn what you don't know in the community form,
share what you know.

Full loot PvP

Aris

Yes it would!! bro I wanna play this game so much in 30th but am not sure how many they will invite

durty

Literally every full loot pvp mmorpg is doing Terribly population and popularity wise. They have their niche but does not appeal to the general, average, or casual consumers. Which if they want to make money, they will avoid full loot at all costs.
I could list off 5 games in past 3 years all mmo style full loot that are now dead due to large guilds that usually far surpass in-game caps because they are communities that take over servers, not just a guild.

Crypton

Full Loot PVP is the most fun I have had in an MMO (Mortal Online and Darkfall ) . To succeed in full loot PVP games make friends, join a guild that's active, and play in groups and you will be fine. Also gear management is important in games like this ...if you have some high end gear you wont want to be running around solo wearing it. Use it only when your running in a group or raid.

Crypton

Literally every full loot pvp mmorpg is doing Terribly population and popularity wise. They have their niche but does not appeal to the general, average, or casual consumers. Which if they want to make money, they will avoid full loot at all costs.
I could list off 5 games in past 3 years all mmo style full loot that are now dead due to large guilds that usually far surpass in-game caps because they are communities that take over servers, not just a guild.
Maybe they will have a separate server for PVP full loot which would be the smart thing to do that or flag yourself at your own risk.

durty

Maybe they will have a separate server for PVP full loot which would be the smart thing to do that or flag yourself at your own risk.
What would be the point of launching a server for a niche group of players so they can kill and take each others stuff. None of that makes economical or logical sense in the aspect of game design.
list of Full loot games that had a spike then IMMEDIATE fall in population and now are Extremely Low Population / Dead:
1: Mortal Online 2
2: Crowfall
3:Greedfall
4: Albion Online
-----
I can keep going. The point in Fact is that Full loot is a Niche Audience - Sorry to tell you but you're in that pool of NICHE players if you're a full loot enjoyer.

And don't get me wrong - I see the appeal, and have played many full loots, its fun, for awhile. However, as stated previously it does the OPPOSITE effect of keeping players - Playing the game. It's is the fullest meaning of the phrase Niche Gameplay.

There's a reason that style of gameplay was QUICKLY pruned from New World.
Look at Mortal Online 2 - whats the current playerbase? 2k peak? What about crowfall 620 players peak..
I'm not sure if y'all really know what you're asking for. The Reality of WHAT you're asking for is ~1000 players to pvp with, on a separate server from the rest of the -casual, average,pve'rs population. If you've played any mmorpg with LOW population, you know how Empty and boring a mmo*(Mass Multiplayer Online)* becomes when there's only a few people around.

Unfortunately Full Loot PvP does NOT do WELL in the MMORPG Market, and never has. Only in Survivor games does this do well and make sense as a gameloop. Majority of players / gamers do not find it enjoyable to (Re-Gear) or lose hours of progression in 1-2 minutes or less.

Lastly as stated in my previous reply: EVEN if guild MEMBER caps are set in place, or a limiting a (X) amount of players from a hostile takeover - it becomes null - BECAUSE Discord and other avenues of communities completely ignore these caps and they just take over with Sister guilds. Again, look at New World with its Territory control, look at MO2 with its Territory control.. Both are PRIME examples of TC / full loot NOT WORKING. New World's map on some servers where literally one guild but divided into 6 branches but they OWN the entire map. All sense of Meaningful gameplay goes out the window when someone like.. Asmongold says: Hey viewers, everyone make a character on this server and help me take it over. GG you just lost, you will never be able to compete with a full community. One of the best examples is the rise and Fall of Crowfall, just go watch a YT video on it and educate yourself on that market.

Last edited:

Zeitgeist

What would be the point of launching a server for a niche group of players so they can kill and take each others stuff. None of that makes economical or logical sense in the aspect of game design.
list of Full loot games that had a spike then IMMEDIATE fall in population and now are Extremely Low Population / Dead:
-----
I can keep going. The point in Fact is that Full loot is a Niche Audience - Sorry to tell you but you're in that pool of NICHE players if you're a full loot enjoyer.

And don't get me wrong - I see the appeal, and have played many full loots, its fun, for awhile. However, as stated previously it does the OPPOSITE effect of keeping players - Playing the game. It's is the fullest meaning of the phrase Niche Gameplay.

Look at Mortal Online 2 - whats the current playerbase? 2k peak? What about crowfall 620 players peak..
I'm not sure if y'all really know what you're asking for. The Reality of WHAT you're asking for is ~1000 players to pvp with, on a separate server from the rest of the -casual, average,pve'rs population. If you've played any mmorpg with LOW population, you know how Empty and boring a mmo*(Mass Multiplayer Online)* becomes when there's only a few people around.

Unfortunately Full Loot PvP does NOT do WELL in the MMORPG Market, and never has. Only in Survivor games does this do well and make sense as a gameloop. Majority of players / gamers do not find it enjoyable to (Re-Gear) or lose hours of progression in 1-2 minutes or less.

Lastly as stated in my previous reply: EVEN if guild MEMBER caps are set in place, or a limiting a (X) amount of players from a hostile takeover - it becomes null - BECAUSE Discord and other avenues of communities completely ignore these caps and they just take over with Sister guilds. Again, look at New World with its Territory control, look at MO2 with its Territory control.. Both are PRIME examples of TC / full loot NOT WORKING. New World's map on some servers where literally one guild but divided into 6 branches but they OWN the entire map. All sense of Meaningful gameplay goes out the window when someone like.. Asmongold says: Hey viewers, everyone make a character on this server and help me take it over. GG you just lost, you will never be able to compete with a full community. One of the best examples is the rise and Fall of Crowfall, just go watch a YT video on it and educate yourself on that market.
The first three are dead but albion online and eve online are both hugely successful MMOs. I never played Greedfall, but the other two are just bad games, its not because they were full loot PVP, that is in fact the only type of games I like to play.

Crypton

-----

Because back in the day most MMO's released with a PVP server its not a Niche thing its a large group of players if the game in general happens to be successful. Now if they choose to make that server full loot then that's their discretion, their choice. Either way if they do decide on PVP in their game no matter what type or style it makes more sense for them to separate it from the main server rather than try and incorporate it in because that would be a disaster. The only good PVP from my experience is open world PVP.

durty

Because back in the day most MMO's released with a PVP server its not a Niche thing its a large group of players if the game in general happens to be successful. Now if they choose to make that server full loot then that's their discretion, their choice. Either way if they do decide on PVP in their game no matter what type or style it makes more sense for them to separate it from the main server rather than try and incorporate it in because that would be a disaster. The only good PVP from my experience is open world PVP.
I'm failing to see why you even hit the reply button man.
You complete disregarded many points that I made and reinforced that your opinion is completely bias. Also you just double down on if they do a full loot they do it? Like, idk man this seems like cope.

I never once said "PvP Is BAD" - - - I stated that full loot pvp doesn't work in the mmorpg market and populations of full loot pvp games show that.
------------------------------

The first three are dead but albion online and eve online are both hugely successful MMOs. I never played Greedfall, but the other two are just bad games, its not because they were full loot PVP, that is in fact the only type of games I like to play.

what you're speaking on is a Anomaly, (eve) as well as a genre that is VERY different from your tried and true Holy Trinity RPG style games.
In regards to Albion, yes they have steady player base. HOWEVER, my point about communities devouring entire server branches is still valid and DID happen multiple times on the Launch and following months of Albions Release.

Consider the amount of players they WOULD still be playing if the system was more refined. Consider the amount of players that HAVE QUIT Albion specifically because they lost gear multiple times. If we compare Albions player base to other Isometrical mmorpg's - Well my my my. That's quite a staggering difference in active daily playerbase. (Lost Ark)(Path of Exile) etc.

Listen, I'm not saying any of you are WRONG for being full loot pvp enjoyers, its fun, honestly. What I spoke on was FACTUAL statements that its only been successful a few times, and MAJORITY (not the minority) Do Not Enjoy that gameplay loop. That style of gameplay in fact Shuns new players from joining those games.
Also not saying its never worked because it has, I did however say - In The Current Market - Its not working.

--------- Both posts resembled bias opinion based on nostalgic views from previously played games - which pushing your personal agenda on a new game not thinking of the overall success of the product seems a bit selfish to me.

Aris

Bro I been playing Albion for 10 years since alpha so yeah trust me I know what full loot means.
Albion Online right now is MASSIVE so is runescape so its eve, ok mortal is smaller but still alive for many years
PvP is the best end game so yeah we want full loot because there not enough full loot mmo out there...
oh yeah you have survival category now... pfff

Aris

This is 2021 but numbers go up for albion each year

Attachments

• 4f4cb9437947e63fdc4eab6d5f585829a406bf14.jpeg
    4f4cb9437947e63fdc4eab6d5f585829a406bf14.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 2