FORUMS Learn what you don't know in the community form,
share what you know.

Event Name: Rifts of Ordenus, Player Content Event – Quinfall, Creator: Heathcliff Aincrad / Kishidan - Event Suggestion

Player Content Event – Quinfall

Creator: Heathcliff Aincrad / Kishidan

Event Name: Rifts of Ordenus

I. Event Description:

The Rifts of Ordenus event introduces a dynamic and challenging PvX scenario across various terrains—marine, ground, and aerial. Orchestrated by the Ancient Dragon Ordenus, rifts from other dimensions spawn enemy factions such as Orcs, Uruk-hai, mini dragons, trolls, and evil witches, enraging the local fauna and causing chaos.

II. Objective:

Players are tasked with defending Quinfall by closing the dimensional rifts to prevent the destruction of nearby cities. This involves constructing defensive outposts and fortresses, engaging in combat with successive enemy waves, and ultimately defeating the rift bosses and their elite guards.

III. Gameplay Mechanics:

1) Rift Locations and Enemy Types:

Rifts randomly appear in various environments, each spawning specific enemies that influence local wildlife.

Enemy types and behaviors vary based on the rift’s location.

2) Defensive Structures:

Players form alliances to build outposts capable of withstanding ten waves of enemy attacks.

Each alliance establishes a main camp to serve as a spawn point and coordination hub.

3) Combat Dynamics:

Enemy waves follow predetermined paths toward major cities but may also target player camps.

Players need to balance defending their bases with launching offensive strikes against advancing enemy forces.

4) Final Assault and Rift Closure:

The event climaxes with a massive battle near the rift portal against the rift boss and their elite units.

Players must destroy anchors that the enemy uses to keep the rifts open.

5) Alignment and Roles:

Players with high karma defend Quinfall, while those with negative karma (criminals) may choose to assist the invading forces, adding depth to the strategic gameplay.

IV. Event Rewards:

Successful participants earn a unique currency to purchase exclusive items from mysterious wandering merchants who appear randomly throughout the game world.

Consequences of Failure in the Rifts of Ordenus Event:

1) NPC Interaction: Access to most NPCs will be restricted, impacting quests and interactions, isolating the area from typical services.

2) Store Inventory and Pricing: Availability of items will decrease, and prices will rise significantly. Many items will no longer be available, reflecting the scarcity in affected regions.

3) Teleportation Restrictions: Teleportation to and from Rift-impacted areas will be disabled, emphasizing isolation and containment.

4) Environmental Contamination: Soil and surroundings near the Rift portal will become contaminated, causing severe debuffs as players get closer. This represents the Rift's corrupting influence.

5) Resource Toxicity: Resources like wood, grass, and animal products will turn poisonous. This adversity opens up new crafting opportunities with unique items tailored to combat or adapt to the Rift's corruption.

V. Community Engagement:

Players collaborate in real-time, voting on strategies and fostering vibrant community interaction within the event.

VI. Submission Guidelines:

One-Paragraph Introduction:
Join the "Rifts of Ordenus" event in the Quinfall universe, where dimensional rifts unleash hordes of enemies led by the Ancient Dragon Ordenus across varied terrains. Construct strategic outposts and fortresses to fend off ten waves of diverse foes including Orcs, Uruk-hai, mini dragons, trolls, and evil witches. Engage in intense PvX combat to defend or destroy cities, balancing base defense with offensive strikes against enemy forces. The ultimate goal is to close these rifts by defeating the rift bosses and their elite guards. Players may align with defending Quinfall or aiding the invaders based on their karma. Success in the event rewards players with unique currency for exclusive items from mysterious wandering merchants, enhancing the immersive and dynamic gameplay experience.

Hello. While I have forwarded your suggestions to the necessary department, I believe that it will be healthier for us to move forward with our new content videos that will be coming in the coming weeks by getting ideas with deeper detail on the issues we are talking about. Thank you for your interest. Stay tuned!

Hello. While I have forwarded your suggestions to the necessary department, I believe that it will be healthier for us to move forward with our new content videos that will be coming in the coming weeks by getting ideas with deeper detail on the issues we are talking about. Thank you for your interest. Stay tuned!
I have watched the recent video which includes the Rift Content with "Sky Rift" but everyone is saying the same subject that the rift looks very basic and not so many interaction with biome or any summoned objects etc, and we did not see any progressing quest system too really when you compare the Quinfall Rift with other mmorpgs' rifts such as Rift Online, ESO - Elder Scroll Online, Archeage, New World, and maybe even Lineage 2 - Dimensional Rift.

I already write the "Rifts of Ordenus" player content based on the good aspects of these mmorpgs I have mentioned above by explaining everything in detail. As a Quinfall fan and player to play the game, you are free to use these ideas and suggestions. We just want to see some real improvements on the shown contents. Otherwise, there is no point to make any feedbacks if nothing is going to be considered. Please don't do the same mistakes of Archeage, New World etc games that developers never cared or listened their community and the given feedbacks.

I have shared some rift examples from other mmorpg to inspire you more. Archeage is closing at 27th of June 2024, so you probably would like to use the good side of Archeage in Quinfall like how Ashes of Creation is doing. New World worldwide population went down to 4k-6k but their Portal Rift system is nice too, although not so perfect that noone is doing them anymore.
1716130221516.png1716130301137.png1716130471767.png1716130581118.png1716130644261.png1716131527563.png

Hello again, as I mentioned in another thread, there will of course be a revision of our existing content, but this will take place in the later stages of our roadmap. We continue to work every day to make our game the best it can be. Thanks!